I wonder if it was even middle school man I should date my stuff
I scanned it before I could ruin it with my constant impulse to go over it in pen and then erase the pencil. (smudges…..I always…..so many mistakes……………….)
When I was in middle school, she was definitely one of the characters I…developed more. And I was totally gonna make an awesome save the world manga with her and her three cohorts but you know it was one of those things where I drew 2 pages and went “well I’m out of steam whew”
What’s happening in Hong Kong?
- The protests are being held in order to achieve universal suffrage in Hong Kong. Although democracy had been promised for 2017 in 2008, China announced this August that Hong Kong people would only be able to vote from a pool of 2-3 specially selected candidates (all of whom would definitely have pro-China sentiments)
- University students held a week-long boycott of classes to protest for true democracy in Hong Kong
- Today riot police were deployed against peaceful protesters. Equipped in full riot gear the police used pepper spray to deter the protesters, mainly students and youths but also some elderly people have reported being sprayed point blank
- It is estimated that over 50,000 people have joined the protest and this number continues to grow
- This is the largest political protest in Hong Kong since our independence from the UK in 1997
- Although the protests remain peaceful, police have now started to use tear gas and have brought out long guns loaded with rubber bullets (there hasn’t yet been a report of any bullets being shot)
- Over 80 arrests have been made including students as young as 16 for taking part in these protests
- They are cutting cell phone receptions in the protest area so that people can’t share any information
- Violence is increasing as police continue to instigate protesters
- All this comes right before the October 1st celebration of the 65th anniversary of founding of the People’s Republic of China
- There are rumours that the PLA (the Chinese army) are going to be brought into the city tonight
More facts about Hong Kong:
- We run under a one country, two systems policy with China meaning that we are part of China but have our own government and laws.
- Protests for universal suffrage have been held throughout the summer but these are the biggest yet
- Anti-China and anti-government sentiments are at their highest levels yet. Survey results showed that 1 in 5 people are thinking of emigrating from the city.
- In June, China issued a white paper essentially telling Hong Kong to remember their place and re-asserting their authority over the city
The scenes from the protest look awful. In my 17 years in Hong Kong I’ve never seen anything like it. The world needs to know about this and say something before we get a recurrence of the Tiananmen Square massacre.
I hope everyone stays safe. Hong Kong stay strong.
Most people consider mushrooms to be the small, ugly cousins of the plant kingdom, but theirs is surprisingly beautiful and wonderful world waiting to be explored. These beautiful mushrooms, captured by enthusiastic nature photographers, are a far cry from the ones you find in the woods or your local grocery store.
Most mushrooms, as we know them, are actually just the reproductive structure of the fungus they belong to – their fungal networks expand far further underground, and some fungi don’t even sprout the sort of mushrooms that we’re used to seeing. In fact, depending on your definition of “organism,” the largest living organism in the world is a fungus – there’s a honey mushroom colony in Oregon that occupies about 2,000 acres of land! ( Bored Panda )
Snow White twist where Snow White is played by a dark-skinned woman with snow white hair
- another twist: the story focuses on beauty in the context of racial prejudice
- the stepmother is white and known as the ‘fairest of them all’ but then this girl with dark skin grows to be more beautiful than her and she doesn’t understand and she doesn’t like it and she is threatened by it
- you can see where this is going
here for it
It got better, I’m now invested in this
This is one of the most insulting things that I have every seen, it makes me so mad I actually want to cry. I can’t believe magazines think that they can just dipped a woman in brown paint, give her clothes from my culture to put on and have the audacity to call her an “African Queen”. Growing up I heard so may jokes about Africans and saw the negative stereotypes portrayed by the media that tried to make me feel bad about where I come from. Yet Ive noticed when fashion magazine want to do spreads portraying poise and exoticness they often turn to Africa ( proving time and again that Africa is more than the negative images you see in the media) but this time, to try and take parts of my beautiful culture and have a white women play the role just proves that beauty cannot be seen in our countries/cultures unless it is represented by White people.
Stop white people once and for all
"classy" blackface is still offensive and harmful blackface
WHAT THE FUCK!
Nah.What the actual fuck!!!!!!!lovelyandbrownI feel like you should see this. This needs to be a big deal!
Hong Kong protester catching a tear gas grenade and throwing it back